Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amy Sedaris and Cupcakes

I went to see Amy Sedaris and Daniel Handler last night at the Herbst Theater. I didn't know she sold her cupcakes! All those snowy days I spent in line at Magnolia, and I could have been munching on homeade snacks from a real celebrity.

Here are a few tidbits that Amy shared:
--Her brother, David, just bought a new home in London. Apparently, he likes to call her up and brag about how much money he has. Maybe that's why she feels compelled to make a few extra bucks selling baked goods?

--She has an imaginary boyfriend, Ricky, who's been brought back to life!

--Her rabbit, Dusty, is housetrained. She's named Dusty because of the dirty mop-like effect of her white paws.

--She asks her neighbors to keep a steady supply of sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla in their kitchens in case she runs out.

--She once felt up Dolly Parton to see if she was missing any ribs.

Just an aside, my old co-worker, Ash, used to live in the Amy's building in the West Villiage. I wonder if he ever supplied her with vanilla?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home