Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thanks for the Comments

Thanks to everyone who read my Huffington Post piece and emailed me with comments.
My favorite story so far was the message I got from a retired school teacher. She taught a very shy young girl who wouldn't speak at all at school.

"
After her last day of school - before moving on to kindergarten - I had missed saying goodbye to her at the gate - so I went out to the parking lot to say goodbye and to wish her a happy summer. FROM THE CAR - she spoke to me and said good-bye!"

Fast forward 25 or so years from that day in the parking lot...

The teacher
ran into the mommy of the little girl. They chatted about how the she was doing as a grown-up. When she asked how that shy girl had fared, she learned that she was now an opera singer!

I love these stories, readers. Please keep them coming.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home