Friday, April 20, 2012

More Comments

People have had a lot to say about my Huffington Post article. I especially enjoyed hearing from one reader who told the story of how she stopped speaking at the age of three. She started started speaking again at age six, and "went on to play the lead role in my high school's musical, join the Michigan State college cheerleading team and confidently give the commencement speech for my college in front of 10,000 people (a personal challenge to myself, perhaps to "make up" for what I put my parents through). I'm now 27, and I run a successful business that I started with my husband where I take the lead on sales, staff and client management. I teach a marketing class at Michigan State, I've travelled Europe on my own, and I recently led a trip to Costa Rica with a group of women entrepreneurs."

I was truly amazed by how many adults were once shy kids. My mother says that my grandmother(who is the most vocal 96 year old on the planet) never spoke in school at all.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the part about your grandmother.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home